This hkdrama is Priscilla’s break through drama for me. I absolutely adore this drama. It’s the perfect mixture of cuteness and seriousness. Although the acting from Priscilla did not completely sell me, especially in the scenes where she is laughing uncontrollably, overall the acting from most of the characters are convincing enough to keep me hooked onto this drama. It’s a refreshing drama. It focuses on the impacts of technology on relationships. Especially with advancing technology, this has been really prominent in our society in the past decade or so. With all the ways to connect with others, it’s easy to forget about the people around us and neglect them. It definitely isn’t perfect and has flaws, but I think this drama does a fantastic job in bringing that issue to light.
You can’t deny the cuteness of this family! You can’t dislike any of the characters, they’re all amazing. Every character has a story. They all have depth and a story behind them. I found myself in love with every character, and each and every one of their stories build on to them as a person and really allowed the viewer to sympathize with them. I really couldn’t hate any of the characters. There wasn’t a clear villain in this story which I really enjoyed. I hate generating hate watching light-hearted shows such as this one. It just does not fit the show. This show is more of a realistic drama, which adds to the fact of a clear cut villain. In reality, it’s hard to define who is a clear-cut villain. Like the drama, everyone has a story and reasons for the way they are. This drama reminded me of this. After watching so many dramas that presents villains in certain lighting, it’s easy to forget that people all have different stories and lead various lives. You’re only part of their story. You’re not their whole world. Other people and their experiences shape and moulded them into who they are.
It may seem like I have nothing but good things to say about this drama. However, a complaint I do have is Raymond and Elaine’s romance dragged on a little too long for my personal preference. I did enjoy them together, their romance is sweet. I do enjoy Priscilla and Raymond together better. It would be nice if their romance had more time to developed. For a light-hearted drama I don’t have too much complaint for it. Every couple are super cute and shippable!
There really isn’t a lot to say about this drama. Only complaint is Pricilla’s acting in some scenes could be more convincing. With that being said, I couldn’t and I don’t want to imagine this series without Priscilla. She’s relatively good to look at, and I would rather watch her as the main lead than many of the new comers. She’s not a terrible actor either. She’s just not as professional as the veteran actors. Raymond is of course amazing as always. He’s an amazing actor, I love many of the series he’s in. All the other characters play their characters convincingly. I quite enjoy the cast! The OST is really good too. I still listen to it now! Jinny Ng is a really good singer if you ask me, her acting is something else to discuss in a later post!
OVERALL: Overall I recommend this! I recommend this series to those that enjoy a light comedy romance. Those that only enjoy action packed dramas such as Tiger Cubs sort of series, this is not that drama for you. I definitely think this is the winner of 2014 HKDRAMA’s though. (If that means anything to you).
I’ve rewatched this drama again when I was bored.
OVERALL RATING: 5/5.
REWATCH VALUE: 3.5/5 (can be boring)
Sorry it’s been a while. So this short update will consist of dramas I’ve recently started watching and dramas I’ve finished. Hopefully I get some type of review up soon.
First we’ll start with dramas I’ve recently started. Should we start with Korean dramas?
Well it’s been a while since I’ve watched three dramas all airing at the same time and day. You could probably already guess, I’m watching “You Who Came From The Stars”, “Pretty Man”, and “Miss Korea”. I’ll add short thoughts so far in on the drama.
- “You who came from the stars” is rated highest among all three dramas in terms of ratings. To be honest with you, I don’t see the hype about this drama. If you ask me it’s pretty average and nothing original about the plot. The only thing really impressive about this drama is the casting. The actors are great (damn Kim Soo Hyun, looking mighty fine in a suit and killing me with his effortlessly good looks in casual wear), their acting is fitting and almost flawless. Ive never seen any of Gianna Jun dramas or movies other than “my sassy girl”, but that was way too long ago so I dont remember much of her acting. She’s great so far, very dokogo Jin feel ^^ overall, so far good, but not amazing.
- “Pretty man”, some of you may know I’m not a huge fan of Jang Geun Suk, and for some reason lately I’ve been possess some negative feelings towards iu, although I really like her. Weird. Anyway, after watching this drama so far my negative feels towards IU vanished. Her acting is pretty much flawless, it’s very relatable (oh oh oh, basically me). Jang Geun Souk nothing wrong with him right now. Nothing too special about this drama, plot is interesting, acting is not bad. I dont really see why it has such low ratings. I think it should have at least the same of “Miss Korea”
- “Miss Korea”, damn I was so excited for this. I was set to announce this as my favorite pit of all three dramas, but sadly it fails to live to my expectations. Is it bad? No, no it’s not bad. Is ita? Definitely, not. Its pretty average. I adore the cast, you guys may not know but I adore Lee Yoon Hee. The plot sounds interesting, but so far it hasn’t been catching my eye. I have high hopes, so I’m crossing my fingers that it’ll pick up in later on episodes.
should we move on to HK dramas?
- “Coffee Cat Mama” has a decent cast. Interesting? Just scrapping by. I don’t know why I continue with this drama honestly. Maybe because of Bosco? Maybe. Really it’s not a horrible drama; however, it’s more of a drama you watch when you have nothing better to do (me half the day, although I have a ib lab write up to complete, ugh hate school work). The acting in the drama is more than decent, it’s actually really good, maybe another reason I stick with this drama. Hopefully something interesting happens soon.
- “return of the sliver tongue” is slowly losing its appeal to me. It use to be pretty humorous, but in recent episode it’s is not as suspenseful nor funny. Its more of rage that’s occurring. I really like the cast, no one I don’t really like so that’s a bonus. In “coffee cat mama” I honestly don’t really like Eliza or Nancy, so its really nice to watch a drama where I don’t possess negative feelings towards a character not based on their character. Most importantly though an interesting plot keeps me, lets see how things turn out.
- Lastly I’ve been watching this for a while, that’s because it seems to never end . Gosh how much longer can they drag out “Come Home Love”? Don’t get me wrong, I love this drama. Its my favorite out of the three. Great acting, and much of the episodes are interesting and humorous; however, there are some episodes they really don’t need. I don’t understand why they have it, honestly tie up all the lose ends already how much longer do you need it? Its already past 400 episodes!!!! Although its so long, I really do enjoy the drama.
Lastly what I’ve completed recently. Lets keep this part short. I’ll combine all HK dramas, Jdorama (jdrama) and Kdrama.
- Bounty Lady (HK). Can I just say that this drama is amazing???? Humorous and tugs on my heartstrings. Everything I want in a drama.
- The Hippocratic Crush 2 (HK). Ive watched both seasons, and the first is definitely better. That doesn’t mean this is not good though 😉
- Will Power (HK).
- Sniper Standoff (HK). Action, crime, romance, and bromance. Everything I love in drama, but does it mean it’s well done?
- Always and Ever (HK). Legendary pairing. Great acting. Nothing to complain in terms of acting and casting.
- Awfully lawful (HK). Fun drama, humorous. Aspects I definitely did not like though.
- A Change Of Heart (HK). Hated the ending.
- Slow Boat Home (HK). The ending. Damn what just happened? So unfulfilling!
- Masters sun (Kor.) Favorite Kdrama long with I Hear Your Voice of 2013? I think so.
- Good Doctor (Kor.) I feel like I talking about this… I love medical drama. Let me tell you, this is a close runner up to masters sun.
- Mou Ichido kimi ni, propose (Jap.) honestly, I don’t know if I finished the whole thing, imam believe I did though.
- Taisetsu Na Koto wa Subete Kimi ga Oshiete Kurita (jap.) the anger I felt during, cannot be satisfied with the ending only.
- Tatta Hitosu No Koi (Jap.) who told me this is the most romantic drama ever, and I should definitely finish it????
- Pride (Jap.) maybe it’s my Canadian side showing, but I definitely enjoyed this the most out of all the jdrama I mentioned in this post
I would have put down “who are you” (kor.) but I gave up after episode 10 (?). So I didnt exactly complete it, nor am I planning on watching it. Anyways those are the only ones I remember and most recent, within maybe half a year to a year (well ever since my I Hear Your Voice review I believe)? Honestly I don’t remember how many and which jdrama dramas I’ve watched. If I have anything I really want to write about ill definitely make a post on it! Well I hope you’ve enjoyed this post, see you next time!