I’m so sorry guys! I totally slacked off all of last year. I’m going to put more effort into this blog this year as my new year resolution! I took a break off kdramas last year, but lately so many good dramas are coming out! All for sure put some reviews out soon for kdramas and hkdramas! I haven’t seen many jodrama and twdramas lately, but I’ll see what dramas catch my eye! Stay tune!
HELLLOOOO PEOPLES OF THE INTERNET. I really neglected this blog >< Sorry! I just don’t have much time lately 😦 Any who from my last post (if you still remember) I spoke about the three kdrama’s I’ve been watching “You Who Came From The Stars”, “Pretty Man” and “Miss Korea”. This post is my thoughts/updates and mini reviews on those dramas.
First Off is “Miss Korea”, I’ve officially dropped it. After about 6 episodes, I just could not continue watching it. I honestly loveeeee the filming, the set is so pretty. The style and makeup are so pretty; however, the plot failed to keep me. However, I do hope one day, I’ll be able to finish this drama.
Secondly is “Pretty Man”, I loved this drama in the beginning. The plot is cute, and most definitely relatable to all my fangirls out there, am I right or am I right? Sadly, there is a however, however the ending episodes of the drama failed to capture me. It focused on my least favorite aspect of the drama, Dokgo Ma Te’s birth and all that jazz. Some may really like it, but I didn’t really. Putting the plot on the side let’s talk about their style in the drama. SERIOUSLY? Jang Geun Suk’s hair is a BIG no no for me. His various terribly styled hair just no. There are some that are least cringey, but still not
perfection nicely styled as I was hoping to see. Many complain about IU’s style in the drama but I do enjoy it. It’s not ugly or horrible to look at, it’s unique in a good way, her hair is cute (I like it short better than long, it makes her cuter in my opinion. Long is pretty and more mature.). Lee Jang Woo’s hair isn’t terrible to look at, but again not my fave, I like it short like in I Do I Do. Overall, there fashion sense is ight, a bit better than the styling in Full House 2 (gosh, that hair *cringes*). Overall, I would say this drama is the drama to go if you like light-hearted, not expecting much dramas. Or just a drama to watch to on rainy days when you’re bored. 6.75/10
LASTLY, but definitely not last is “You Who Came From The Stars”. Dang, all the hype about this drama! I’m pretty sure you have all heard about this drama. It has receive so much love from all around the globe. It’s pretty amazing all the hype about this drama. If you guys remember I didn’t think the drama lives up to all the hype. I’m glad to say my perspective changed, but only a bit. The beginning of this drama is slow, but good, but it’s the middle of the drama that makes you so engaged with it. It seriously got me on the edge of my seat! Sadly, the ending went a little downhill (but not that much). It kinda slowed down, and I skipped a lot of parts in a episode. I think I must have skipped 2 episodes worth of content, nevertheless, the drama is a MUST watch for any kdrama fanatics out there! The styling and fashion throughout is phenomenal. I want MANY of the outfits featured on the show! The male outfits…damn so hot. Every actor had an unique style, and all were adorable. Everyone looked pretty good throughout the drama. FILMING IS SO PRETTY as well. The stop time parts were filmed brilliantly, it’s so pretttyyyy!!! Overall, I recommend this drama to allllll kdrama fanatics out there especially if you love romance! I give it a solid 9/10.
SHORT UPDATE TIME!!!
I’m on episode 11 of “Emergency Couple”. and I got to say I am really enjoying so far! Hopefully it’ll remain this funny and good till the end! And can I just say how handsome and beautiful Choi Jin Hyuk is in this???
I also do plan on starting “Cunning Single Lady” (my beautiful Myungsoo ❤ and Joo Sang Wook), I also might start Kim Hyung Joong’s newest drama “Inspiring Generation”, but I’m still thinking about it.
Next post will have my Hong Kong drama reviews 😀
Sorry it’s been a while. So this short update will consist of dramas I’ve recently started watching and dramas I’ve finished. Hopefully I get some type of review up soon.
First we’ll start with dramas I’ve recently started. Should we start with Korean dramas?
Well it’s been a while since I’ve watched three dramas all airing at the same time and day. You could probably already guess, I’m watching “You Who Came From The Stars”, “Pretty Man”, and “Miss Korea”. I’ll add short thoughts so far in on the drama.
- “You who came from the stars” is rated highest among all three dramas in terms of ratings. To be honest with you, I don’t see the hype about this drama. If you ask me it’s pretty average and nothing original about the plot. The only thing really impressive about this drama is the casting. The actors are great (damn Kim Soo Hyun, looking mighty fine in a suit and killing me with his effortlessly good looks in casual wear), their acting is fitting and almost flawless. Ive never seen any of Gianna Jun dramas or movies other than “my sassy girl”, but that was way too long ago so I dont remember much of her acting. She’s great so far, very dokogo Jin feel ^^ overall, so far good, but not amazing.
- “Pretty man”, some of you may know I’m not a huge fan of Jang Geun Suk, and for some reason lately I’ve been possess some negative feelings towards iu, although I really like her. Weird. Anyway, after watching this drama so far my negative feels towards IU vanished. Her acting is pretty much flawless, it’s very relatable (oh oh oh, basically me). Jang Geun Souk nothing wrong with him right now. Nothing too special about this drama, plot is interesting, acting is not bad. I dont really see why it has such low ratings. I think it should have at least the same of “Miss Korea”
- “Miss Korea”, damn I was so excited for this. I was set to announce this as my favorite pit of all three dramas, but sadly it fails to live to my expectations. Is it bad? No, no it’s not bad. Is ita? Definitely, not. Its pretty average. I adore the cast, you guys may not know but I adore Lee Yoon Hee. The plot sounds interesting, but so far it hasn’t been catching my eye. I have high hopes, so I’m crossing my fingers that it’ll pick up in later on episodes.
should we move on to HK dramas?
- “Coffee Cat Mama” has a decent cast. Interesting? Just scrapping by. I don’t know why I continue with this drama honestly. Maybe because of Bosco? Maybe. Really it’s not a horrible drama; however, it’s more of a drama you watch when you have nothing better to do (me half the day, although I have a ib lab write up to complete, ugh hate school work). The acting in the drama is more than decent, it’s actually really good, maybe another reason I stick with this drama. Hopefully something interesting happens soon.
- “return of the sliver tongue” is slowly losing its appeal to me. It use to be pretty humorous, but in recent episode it’s is not as suspenseful nor funny. Its more of rage that’s occurring. I really like the cast, no one I don’t really like so that’s a bonus. In “coffee cat mama” I honestly don’t really like Eliza or Nancy, so its really nice to watch a drama where I don’t possess negative feelings towards a character not based on their character. Most importantly though an interesting plot keeps me, lets see how things turn out.
- Lastly I’ve been watching this for a while, that’s because it seems to never end . Gosh how much longer can they drag out “Come Home Love”? Don’t get me wrong, I love this drama. Its my favorite out of the three. Great acting, and much of the episodes are interesting and humorous; however, there are some episodes they really don’t need. I don’t understand why they have it, honestly tie up all the lose ends already how much longer do you need it? Its already past 400 episodes!!!! Although its so long, I really do enjoy the drama.
Lastly what I’ve completed recently. Lets keep this part short. I’ll combine all HK dramas, Jdorama (jdrama) and Kdrama.
- Bounty Lady (HK). Can I just say that this drama is amazing???? Humorous and tugs on my heartstrings. Everything I want in a drama.
- The Hippocratic Crush 2 (HK). Ive watched both seasons, and the first is definitely better. That doesn’t mean this is not good though 😉
- Will Power (HK).
- Sniper Standoff (HK). Action, crime, romance, and bromance. Everything I love in drama, but does it mean it’s well done?
- Always and Ever (HK). Legendary pairing. Great acting. Nothing to complain in terms of acting and casting.
- Awfully lawful (HK). Fun drama, humorous. Aspects I definitely did not like though.
- A Change Of Heart (HK). Hated the ending.
- Slow Boat Home (HK). The ending. Damn what just happened? So unfulfilling!
- Masters sun (Kor.) Favorite Kdrama long with I Hear Your Voice of 2013? I think so.
- Good Doctor (Kor.) I feel like I talking about this… I love medical drama. Let me tell you, this is a close runner up to masters sun.
- Mou Ichido kimi ni, propose (Jap.) honestly, I don’t know if I finished the whole thing, imam believe I did though.
- Taisetsu Na Koto wa Subete Kimi ga Oshiete Kurita (jap.) the anger I felt during, cannot be satisfied with the ending only.
- Tatta Hitosu No Koi (Jap.) who told me this is the most romantic drama ever, and I should definitely finish it????
- Pride (Jap.) maybe it’s my Canadian side showing, but I definitely enjoyed this the most out of all the jdrama I mentioned in this post
I would have put down “who are you” (kor.) but I gave up after episode 10 (?). So I didnt exactly complete it, nor am I planning on watching it. Anyways those are the only ones I remember and most recent, within maybe half a year to a year (well ever since my I Hear Your Voice review I believe)? Honestly I don’t remember how many and which jdrama dramas I’ve watched. If I have anything I really want to write about ill definitely make a post on it! Well I hope you’ve enjoyed this post, see you next time!
I’m so sorry that I haven’t been updating for such a long time. There really isn’t any excuses for my lack of posts, I guess it’s just my lack of motivation. Any whooo, if you guys are still interested in what I like or what my current obsessions are you can definitely check out my tumblr, I’ve been posting a lot on my tumblr lately so check it out! musikismyeverything.tumblr.com
I don’t think I’ll be doing any full drama reviews any time soon (unless it’s like really good), but I will be doing mini reviews and more song recommendations. I have a LOT of songs I’ve been in love with in the past couple months. I do have a post I think you guys might like, so keep an eye out for that 🙂 And with dramas, I’ve watched a couple dramas during spring break a couple weeks back that I would like to do mini reviews on and some HK dramas. Honestly there hasn’t been a kdrama that I really been obsessed with or really in love with lately. I feel like kdramas are kind of going downhill along with HK dramas (which has been for a couple years now actually). I might some Twdramas I want to review too, so keep an eye out for that too! Hopefully I will do more updates and posts soon!